Your Speedy Local Asphalt Shingle Roofer in New Rochelle NY
Asphalt shingle is the most popular type of roof in the United States. And as the most common roof around, any professional roofing company worth its salt should be able to work with it.
As a company that put speed in it name, we at On Time Roofing takes pride in not only giving you fast asphalt roofing service, but craftsmanship that gives you the best quality of service for all your roofing and other construction needs.
Our dedication to customer satisfaction inspires us to give you our best service to help you with whatever roofing problems you may have. And with our team of expert, professional roofers on the job, you can rest assured that our work will be top-notch. Just ask our clients!
An American Classic
Asphalt shingles are panels coated with asphalt: the same material used on roads. They can be made from either organic material like plant fiber or wood; or fiberglass. The asphalt on the shingles are there to keep them waterproof.
There are many reasons why asphalt shingles are the preferred roof in American homes:
- Asphalt shingles are durable. Properly installed asphalt roofs have a lifespan of 10 years, and can even last up to 20.
- Asphalt roofs are fire resistant. Since asphalt’s kindling point is 752 degrees Fahrenheit, roofs made from the material are great fire retardants and will not catch flame easily. As a rule, shingles made from fiberglass are generally more impervious to fire than the organic variety.
- Asphalt roofs protect against harmful ultraviolet rays. The rough, grainy surface of asphalt roofs helps UV rays from reaching your home. A great side effect of this is that your homes will be kept cool, lowering your power bill.
- Asphalt shingles can be easily installed. In most cases, an average-sized home can have a new asphalt roof in a day or two.
- Asphalt shingle roofs are affordable. While we recommend that you get a professional estimate done on your home first, asphalt roofing is less expensive compared to other roofing materials. This makes it easier for you to decide whether or not you’d like to give your home a fresh look with a new roof.
- Asphalt roofs are easy to maintain and repair. The shingles that make up the roof make it possible for you to only need to replace the damaged shingles rather than have the whole roof fixed. Therefore, you can minimize your expenses in terms of materials, labor, and time.
- Asphalt roofs give you a lot of options. There are a lot of different asphalt roofing products out in the market. As leading construction store Home Depot’s approved contractor, On Time Roofing can provide you with a lot of options using their vast inventory.
However, there are some things to look out for with asphalt roofs. This can be especially true if they were installed incorrectly and if not done by a professional roofing contractor like us at On Time Roofing.
- Asphalt shingles change shape with temperature. In cold weather, the shingles contract; during hot days, they also expand. If improperly fitted, this cycle of shrinking and swelling can eventually warp the shingle, dislocating it from its fitting and opening your home to leaks and further damage.
- Asphalt lends itself to plant growth. The porous surface of asphalt gives leeway for moss, algae and other flora which may somehow end up on your roof to take root and grow. If left unchecked, the roots can weaken the shingles and the layers underneath. This can cause leaks to form.
Getting It Done Right
We at On Time Roofing are here to serve the communities in and around Spring Valley and White Plains NY. Our vast repertoire of roofing skills includes asphalt shingle installation, repair, and maintenance.
Getting a professional roofing contractor for your asphalt roof has many benefits in the long run. For one, being already experienced on the job, and will be able to do it right the first time. They will also have the right tools and equipment to install your roof properly and efficiently.
This also gives less time for guesswork and back jobs, which means finishing your roofing project On Time. That’s us!
Being in the professional roofing industry for more than a decade, you can trust us at On Time Roofing to make you the best roof suited for your home’s needs. Give us a call at (914) 924-4869. You can also visit our office located at 40 Mt Joy Pl New Rochelle, NY 10801. You can even fill out this Online Free Estimate Form and we’ll get back to you right away.